At Amos House, community is the foundation of who we are and how we serve. From our humble beginnings in 1976 as a small soup kitchen, to today's place as a leading agency in the Rhode Island nonprofit community, we have always been here to serve those who need us.
Helping people help themselves out of oppression, homelessness, and poverty through vital services and results-oriented programs.
Our Guiding Principles
- All people are to be treated with dignity and respect
- People have the inherent ability to succeed
- The causes of poverty are complex and require innovative responses
- Community is the foundation of our work
- We all grow when we work together
Amos House's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism
Amos House is committed to owning our part in racism and other systems of oppression that have impacted our community. We pledge to work to educate ourselves by humbly listening to our community and partnering in the fight for a more just society.
415 Friendship St
PO Box 72873
Providence RI 02907
Consider contacting the Amos House to volunteer your time or to participate in their community life.